Gravel Boards.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everone.

need to replace a gravel board on an existing fence because the old one's crumbled away. Problem is, my garden's on a lisght slope so the gb to the left of the one I want to replace sits on the ground but the slot in the post where the new one will go is a couple of inches off the ground to there will be a gap between the gb and the ground.

Can I cut a bit out of the two bottom corners of the gb so that the bottom of it touches the ground or is there something else that you would usually do in this situation?

All advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
is the ground concrete ??
if not dig out the earth till level install board then rebank the soil

No, the gravel board will sit behing a flowerbed. Like I say, the flower bed will be a couple of inches below the bottom of the gravel board so there's a gap betrween the two. How would digging it out help?

Thanks for your help with this.

so are you saying your fence posts don't have slots or are filled with postcrete or similar at ground level ??

Sponsored Links
No, the posts do have slots but the bottom of the slots are a couple of inches above ground level.

Smashing - that's what I was wondering if I could do (or whether it would shatter!). Is a stone disc on an angle grinder good for this job or is there a better way?

A stone disc will cut but might take a while specially with the reinforcing bars. Depending how many stones are inside the concrete gravel boards, if you got many to do then maybe use a diamond disc.

As said, a small grinder will do this, a budget grinder and diamond disc can be had for 25 quid. If you do the odd bit of diy it will come in handy for other jobs. Otherwise borrow or hire it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back