Gravity Fed conversion including new boiler - expensive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As always your opinions in this forum are always valued so what do you think about this.

I have just moved into a new house (new to me but built in 1927) and the boiler has packed up. As you would expect, gas man called and quote given.

He confirmed the boiler needed replacing but to do this he would also need to adapt the gravity fed system (which I already knew about) to accommodate a new Worcester condensing boiler.

To do the whole job which would take over a day because it’s not just a straightforward boiler replacement would cost in the region of £2,000.

I personally think this is reasonable but my family (who all seem to have become central heating exerts over night) think this is expensive so I need to lay it to rest once and for all with your opinions, so:

Good or bad?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Seems reasonable, would imagine it will take well over a day to do. Materials will cost over 1k if fitting a WB

Seems reasonable. Two days assigned and he'll probably have a lad to help lift.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back