Gravity HW system issue

what happens in the winter when the heating is on ? your cylinder stat is useless then, internet control to try to save energy on a system that should have been upgraded when the boiler was changed, a bit of a pointless exercise imo

Sponsored Links
CBF.
You have missed the point.
Re plumbing was not a viable option when the boiler was replaced without ripping the place apart.

I wanted remote internet control added recently for a variety of reasons not just cost savings.
It was only because i had remotely swithched the CH OFF whilst in Greece that I discovered that on my return to the UK some 2 months laterthat I had a tank full of very hot water .
Keeping a tank hot for 2 months costs money and that is why I investigated why the HW system was calling for boiler ignition even when the HW tank stat was OFF.
Having tested the stat and examined the wiring diagram it is clear that the stat is NOT in the boiler ignition circuit.
However B Gas are coming to look at it tomorrow so hopefully the issue will be solved.

Understand you point about getting HW when CH is on. Must be the case with a gravity system. But that was not what I was asking about.

My next thing I want to explore the possibility af having an isolating valve put in the HW tank return pipe so that when the tank water temp reaches desired value stat opens the valve will close and stop further heat being delivered to the HW tank.

But I will leave that for now untill the HW stat issue has been resolved.

Thanks
Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back