Green damp on wall batons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im currently renovating my home and i have 2/1 inch baton screwed to the wall .I have noticed the batons have recently turned green ...Never used to but im concerned about it and wondered if this was a big problem or am i being dramatic about it and should just put the plasterboard to it.I am putting celotex between the batons inside the house ...Thank you ..Rhurbarb

Sponsored Links
They have been off and on a couple of times .I have had the wood in the home kicking around for about a year and a half.... ..When i ripped the home apart there was no damp so i havnt put anything behind the batons ..Are you saying i need damp prove sheeting ? .And just like to point out i havnt had inner walls up or plaster for 2 years so maybe the cause of the wood going green possibly as some of the wood i havnt even used gone the same colour its pretty nippy in the home Thanks Rhurbarb..

Without knowing exactly what is there etc. if I was doing it I would use treated timber and run a DPC up behind. Cheap DPC (not hyload), is about 3 quid for 20 meters so pretty cheap and will help protect as the years roll on. Also I've always found it easier to use 3 inch timber so you can stagger the fixings, helps keep it rigid. Hope that helps a bit ....

Sponsored Links
Thanks m8 have to stick to the 2 inch as its all predrilled..il chase that membrane stuff up and might have to ditch the old stuff and maybe wait til march when it warms up then put the new stuff up .Thanks youve been a gr8 help and very quick too Cheers...Rhurbarb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back