Green Deal Funding, not good for consumers?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, went though abit of hassle last time in applying for the green deal home improvement fund, basically i didnt end up getting any funding.(scheme was pulled a day after i got my green deal assessment carried out)

Just been told that the scheme is going to be reopen with new funding in the next few weeks or so, but my reservation is whether it is actually a good deal or not with these schemes?

Basically my local council is running a similar scheme and by accident one company came out to do the survey/quote twice (2nd time a different guy just showed up but i decided not to say anything to him about someone already having been round to do the quote).

i got quoted for the exact same work, same parts (boiler) and same labour estimates etc and i got quoted £750 MORE for the quote which i mentioned about going through the funding. which basically means they are bumping up the price not so you can save money so that they can make the extra profit and it works out near enough the same price for you either way.

I called up on separate occasions to ask them if the price they quoted me for each quote was wrong (got someone else to call up to ask about the 2nd quote) and they clarified that the price was 100% correct.

Only just confronted the company about it and they said that this practice was pretty standard on government funding and that i'd be getting a 'good deal' either way. I laughed at that obscene statement and have just decided to report them to TS instead.

Either way its abit of an offputting scenario and i'm not saying that every company out there will be doing this type of practice but I think you should keep an eye out if you mention this type of works to installers and definitely get more than a good handful of quotes.

Sponsored Links
Back