Green Spotty Slugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Secure is on the warpath.

I on the other hand, am not keen on killing creatures.

I am NOT killing them. I just don't want them in my kitchen... the fat spotty green slimy creatures.

We have them in our kitchen late at night...any ideas?

Gotta go, as she will hang me from my scrotum if I'm not careful... :eek:

Sponsored Links
I heard that slugs/snails won't cross a copper path... you can buy copper shielding tape from guitar part suppliers - run a strip of this where you expect they are getting in and see if that sorts it.

I hope they are squeezing in under the back door at night, unless your house is very damp. Try a water bar to fill the gap.

You might also consider applying plenty of slug pellets outside to keep the population down.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
. Try a water bar to fill the gap.

.that reminds me of when I was in the bath ........my Mrs. came back in with a water bottle (hot) and my tea :?: she said "Ithought you asked for a waterbottletoodeer" as I left for your tea ;)

saw a tip on a gardening progam that says they don't like to cross dry oats.. so a line of those where they are getting in should work.. or salt of course..

I think they like to eat oats, so they'll bring their friends.

Not discovered yet how they're breaking & entering. Need a slugcam...
;)

In our old house in Sussex they used to get in via the airbrick in a larder cupboard. Needless to say SWMBO was not best pleased in seeing them amongst the tins of food! :evil:

AFAICT, slugs have not yet invented can openers. Or indeed anything.

I mean, lets face it, even if they did, how would they open the cans?

I think your tinned food is safe from the slugs.

Mrs Secure found a big fat one last night (slug that is!) and tucked it into a toilet roll tube & propelled it from the kitchen window, gleefully singing "Rocket Slug" to the tune of Elton John... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back