Green Star CDI pump replacement

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone know the FD numbers that require a PCB upgrade with a pump replacement on a 30 CDI?

My plumber says the pump has a slow leak on the casing. He explained certain FD numbers needed a PCB replacement with the new pump and was supposed to get back to me with a quote but is now on two weeks leave.

It's a nearly 20 year old boiler with original hex, block, fan etc so If I need to do PCB and pump then I suspect it'll be the wrong side of £500 and it's better to replace the boiler.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Board and pcb on them all now. Unless you can get hold of the original pump. EBay recycled boiler parts. Cdi is the best Worcester boiler going

Thanks @gazfen so you would replace both? Do you think my estimate of £500 is about right?

I'm just a bit concerned that I do this and then next month the hex goes or something like that.

Sponsored Links
Get the second hand pump and swap it 40 minute job.

Get the second hand pump and swap it 40 minute job
Thanks @gazfen so you would replace both? Do you think my estimate of £500 is about right?

I'm just a bit concerned that I do this and then next month the hex goes or something like that.
parts are not far of that, think you’ve gotta replace the harness too

Just remember there is no such thing as a refurbished pump..just used and secondhand and a lottery.

How do I know if the pump is old enough to be used with the original PCB? On eBay they are just shown as CDI pumps.

Am I just looking for one that's not labelled as ERP?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back