Replacing Grundfos boiler pump head - like for like

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pump is on its way out on a Ferroli Tempra 30 boiler. The pump is a Grundfos 15-50 but looks to be a custom one for Ferroli.
I've tried googling the part number but can't seem to find a suitable replacement. Since it is just the pump head, can I fit any Grundfos 15-50 pump head?

Sponsored Links
You may have a problem with the electrical connector on the head, from your pic it looks like it may be a plug and socket onto the pump???
why not order a pump head using FERROLI's part number?
however on most of these situations a standard UPS15/50 will do ;)

What do you mean by "on its way out"?
if it is its performance you are on about then its possible that the impeller is fouled up
I would be temped to take the head off first and inspect it, the cable unplugs on that model As Boilerman2 has stated so check that too
but as its ten years old it probably reqs changing anyway I'm not sure if a standard head will go straight on as grundfos can be funny but It will more likely fit than not.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Some 15-50s have slightly different impeller designs.

If you get one with a similar then it can be expected to fit apart from having no socket.

The plug can be cut off and the wire if long enough fitted to the pump inlet connector.

Tony

How do you clean the can (or head) ? Isn't it a sealed unit?

Thanks, that's a useful video and it helped to figure out how to dismantle the head.
What I'm curious about though is why he recommends lubricating the outside of the can before inserting it back into the head? This bit isn't the part which moves, its the bit inside the can which does. Also, are the moving parts inside the can lubricated by water given that the bleed screw appears to bleed water through this assembly once in place?

Mine also moves freely (i.e. it wasn't seized) so could it be the moving parts inside the can are worn?

It also doesn't make a noise all the time, just usually when the boiler first kicks into life or when it powers down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back