GREEN STUFF STUCK ON INNER RIGID POND CABLES PUMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is green stuff attached itself to the inner walls of my rigid pond liner, it is on the filter and pump cables (inside water), on the pump and the attached hose, there was some on the pump last year but never really noticed it anywhere else until now, is this safe? and if not how can I get rid of it?
I am hoping its not the dreaded Blanket Weed. From what I have read blanket weed is long and sort of stringy, this like short tufts all over, like a green carpet stuck to the walls of liner.
Also there is an awful lot of mud in my pond filter which is a box type that sits outside the pond, 18 months old, nothing like this 12 months ago, I know these should not be rigorously cleaned but it looks really quite thick mud and is covering the top sponge/pad. Should I still clean it or leave as is?
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
You need to clean the filter, but only clean it in pond water!

Do you have a UV light? How many fish? any plants in the pond? pond size etc?

Deffo clean the filter.

I've never cleaned my filter media with pond water, always used the hose pipe, crystal clear water, spot on Ph. and it's a big pond.

If the 'green' is only on the surfaces of the liner and pump case, don't worry about it.
If the waters green.... That's a different story.

Either way.... clean the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back