Greenstar 12ri/24ri Condensing Boiler

wht

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had turned off the boiler when we went on holiday but it will now not fire up. There is a bubblng sound as it tries to fire up but eventually it goes to lock out, i was advised that there is no water getting to it and i must have a blockage, so i have had the system completeley flushed and all the rads off and flushed out, the boiler did fire up for about 20 minutes but it was still making the bubbling sound but the rads did start heating up, but now it is back to firing up then eventually locking out, the plumber who flushed the system didn't think the system was blocked as he drained the system from the return and the flow of the boiler until the water was running clear has anybody any ideas? :confused:

Sponsored Links
has your "plumber" opened the manual air vent near the top of the boiler? it sounds like its air locked.

has your "plumber" opened the manual air vent near the top of the boiler? it sounds like its air locked.

Thanks for replying, is that the silcone tube? if so yes he vented that and there was water there.

Sponsored Links
in that case as already said its likely to be the pump.

Most Worcester boilers make a very distinctive noise whent eh trap is blocked.

I was called to one though and the Worcester engineer had been before and said he had never heard a noise like that!

Tony

The forum needs an option where you can post mpeg's as well as jpeg's so we can hear the different gurgles and screeches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back