Greenstar 27 HE not firing although chimney sweep mode works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The boiler is not giving any fault codes.

I have an RF switch which is working correctly. The boiler fires up and provides central heating when the Chimney Sweep button is pressed.

This leaves me to believe that it is either the built in programmer that is at fault or the Honeywell 2 port Motorised Valve.

When the RF programmer is on there is no sign of the central heating running at all, ie. no motor noises etc.

Any ideas? Can anyone help me decide which is at fault?

Also the boiler is leaking condensation from the main chamber so I would imagine I need to change the seal. I wonder if the leaking water has damaged any of the electronics beneath?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
mmm you may have a point.

The RF stat indicates that a signal is being received by the receiver by displaying a rotating fan when it receives confirmation.

A green light on the receiver is also displayed and the relay can be heard in the receiver unit. Although I have actually checked to see if the relay switch itself is working.

I will test this and post the result.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure if it is your exact model but 2-3 years ago it was a common PCB fault that the boiler just "hangs" without firing or showing any fault codes.

Oddly there is also a very similar PCB fault which I have encountered several times on the older 24cdi and 24i models. They fire up and when they reach the set temperature they go off but never come back on after an anti cycling delay.

Oddly no one has ever described that fault on a forum that I have seen and I would conclude that one of the timing components on the anti-cycle circuit fails, probably an electrolytic capacitor. Raden should be able to tell us which it is.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back