GREENSTAR 28i Junior - advice re replacement Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my heat exchanger, I suspect mine is the old sump type. ( GREENSTAR 28i Junior ID no 7716130142 & GC number G20 47 311 87. I can get a far better price on the new Part No 87161157410 and was wondering is there any reason why this could not be fitted - is there any other technical reason it cant be fitted ? I had the condensate trap replaced and the new one is a completely different shape and design but fits perfectly. Also I note the "sump" part of these heat exchangers are also a consumable part. Is there any technical reason the Part No 87161157410 could not fit, could my plumber not simply swap over the sump from my existing heat exchanger onto the new unit which has a different design.

Attachments

• IMG_20240102_235111.jpg
    IMG_20240102_235111.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
I think you need to leave it to your Gas Safe registered bod to source or advise you which one to get for him to fit. You won't get anyone here advising you which would fit as it's classed as gas advice.

The other point is though, that's quite an old boiler now and if the main HEX is gone, is it actually worth replacing the HEX. In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't be a huge amount more to put a new boiler in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back