Greenstar 28i Quick Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler. Today I removed a radiator so the wall could be plastered tomorrow, I was able to isolate the pipe at one end but there was no valve on the other and I wasn't able to cap it off with a push-fit fitting as the pipe was been squashed slightly. I had already drained the system from the cellar.

I presumed (wrongly it seems,) that I would still be able to use my hot water even with the central heating drained but it appears I can't. I am not bothered about not having any heating as it's warm but it would be nice to have hot water for the next few days. The boiler seems to fire up but doesn't heat the water.

Is there anyway to get around this problem? Does the system need to be pressurised in order to work? Can the central heating system be isolated at the boiler?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back