Greenstar 30CDi Regular - discontinued?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, finally getting round to chucking the Rayburn and getting a proper CH boiler. Has to be LPG as I really dont want to go down the kerosene route.

Cannot go combi unless I upgrade the BH water supply to a pressurised system.

Anyway, I was just about to buy a WB Greenstar 30CDi Regular boiler and noticed on the WB website that it stopped being manufactured in July 2012.

Not a show stopper though it set me wondering whether something better was about to come out?

My caution is that I have a life time habit of buying stuff only to have something better come out a few weeks later - cars, computers, TV's etc etc.

Sponsored Links
All boilers fitted now have to be condensing!

Why do you even think of anything else?

Tony

i've fitted 6 cdi's in the last few weeks, last week was a 40cdi conventional with an unvented cylinder. they were all the usual models, however, in p/centre they said they had the "new" cdi.

it is probably minor adjustments to the model. i was told they are getting a new pcb on them.

many places will still have the older models in stock which is a bombproof sound boiler, so much so that i don t know why they're changing it !

they are prob changing the pcb to accept more complex external controls ?

Sponsored Links
i've fitted 6 cdi's in the last few weeks, last week was a 40cdi conventional with an unvented cylinder. they were all the usual models, however, in p/centre they said they had the "new" cdi.

it is probably minor adjustments to the model. i was told they are getting a new pcb on them.

many places will still have the older models in stock which is a bombproof sound boiler, so much so that i don t know why they're changing it !

they are prob changing the pcb to accept more complex external controls ?

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/in.../greenstar-cdi-classic-combi-new-and-improved

Just a few minor tweaks it would seem.

Glad they've sorted out that standby electrical output, what a bastard that was :LOL:

On a serious note , glad they changed that ****ty flap catch :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back