greenstar 30cdi to yplan with no stat or timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wiring via a 10 terminal box to the greenstar 30 cdi boiler that has a built in programer and room stat (radio) , and have a cylinder stat, 3 port valve and zone valve.
Because there is no room stat or programer to connect and I only have live switch and live return from the boiler (excluding boiler permanent supply) I need to alter the y plan set up in the junction box.
I know that linking 4 & 5 will remove the need for the room stat and presume the boiler will switch the integral pump on or off as needed.
If anyone has come accross this before and remembers what terminals they swaped in the 10 way box any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

Sponsored Links
If the wiring has been done correctly then you shouldn't need much... The boiler need a permanent live, neutral and earth, a switched live from the switched live from the 3 way valve and a live, neutral and earth from the boiler to the pump.. It is most important that the boiler runs the pump as it has an overrun facility on it to prevent damage to the alloy heat exchanger

I didn't think anyone else would be up this late.
I don't need to worry about the pump as its integral.
I think I should connect the cylinder stat common to the boiler live switch (ie boiler on stat on) and the 3 port white to the same (ie boiler on heating on).
Then the stat call for heat goes via the zone valve then to terminal 8 which then connects to the boiler live return ( ie boiler run) and when the cyl stat satisfied its connected to 3 port grey which shuts the valve.

Does that make sense to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back