Greenstar Camray 18/25 Kitchen System gasket leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am told by my local heating engineer that leaking primary and secondary combustion chamber gaskets are weaknesses in this boiler. Is there a good workaround for this, or is replacing the seals from time to time the best that can be achieved?

Sponsored Links
Inspect and replace as required during annual service.
The combustion chamber seal is a Fibreglass rope.....I have yet to replace one.

Last edited:
The boiler (which came with the house I have moved onto) smells unacceptably despite having been serviced by an OFTEC person a year ago and I need to get something done about it. There is some sort of gunge on the boiler floor which looks as though it must have dripped from the bottom of main combustion chamber... Is this normal?

When you say smells....is it a kerosene pong from inside or exhaust from the outside?
If it's inside it could be a kerosene leak from the pump, and it certainly isn't normal.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I had the boiler professionally inspected before I bought the property and was told that it was a combustion gas smell, not kerosene (see initial post). I've had small kerosene leaks with other boilers (thirty years with oil heating now!) but I can't see the slightest weep on this boiler and the smell is different.

Also I can't see any way boiler exhaust could find it's way into the house as there are no openings on that side of the property.

Can you give us a pic or two of the gunge you refer to.....could it be soot wash from the flue or something?
John :)

I would check the return oil hose these can go in about 2 years and should be changed
I don't know about these gaskets going the flameproof washer round he burner nozzle but the other 2 I've not changed any for a long time smells like someone making work and money I'd be careful

A good sniff around with the FGA should identify any combustion leaks.

Btw... being Oftec reg is no guarantee that the "bloke" ( I refuse to use the term "Technician" because 90% are not ). is any good!!!

The gunge is hard to photograph but looks like a white puddle underneath the combustion chamber cover. Clearly I need to get someone round with an FGA if they can pick up leaks. I can't live with it as it is!
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I agree Terry technician is the wrong word OFTEC IMHO do have an overinflated sense of
importance they tryto bring all the new regs in, yet phone them up and ask questions and
oh dear they don't know any answers yet they still charge about £700-00plus vat for 5 years
But I'm afraid I still believe in registration

I agree Terry technician is the wrong word OFTEC IMHO do have an overinflated sense of
importance they tryto bring all the new regs in, yet phone them up and ask questions and
oh dear they don't know any answers yet they still charge about £700-00plus vat for 5 years
But I'm afraid I still believe in registration

corgi got to be the same I remember when corgi was a pup god I'm old they were going to do wonders and xxxx cucumbers but in the end it all boiled down to money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back