Greenstar Camray 18/25

Ok - I got onto the builders merchant that supplied the cylinder yesterday and they have contacted Megaflow on my behalf.

They state that "the Honeywell V4073 is the correct valve and was the one supplied with the cylinder and meets all the required regulations"

Now I am really confused! :confused:

The one supplied with the Megaflo (2 port) is not the one in your picture (3 port). The one supplied (again 2 port) should have been installed in addition to the one in your picture (again 3 port supplied by your installer).

Be in no doubt as to the accuracy of the information that has been contributed in replies on here. No offence intended, but it appears that everyone you've contracted have f***ed up. The quickest way to p*ss everyone off here will be to attempt to put any credibility to what you've had done.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the confirmation Tibbot - believe me I am not trying to "attempt to put any credibility to what I've had done" - I am dealing with people who really do not like getting paid and are making some serious overtones - therefore I want to make sure I get my facts straight as to why I am not happy - Sorry if I seem to be asking obvious questions, but I really know nothing about central heating systems - it is beginning to look like that has been the case with those working here too :( I think its got to the stage where I need to get someone independent in to look at this work - Not working properly is one thing, but from what I have been told on here, there are obviously safety issues too and with a family to think about, that is simply not an option, despite being out-of-pocket big time on this. The manager of the builder's merchants (very big national chain) is a relative, who I simply asked if he could tell me who had ordered the valve in question.

2 radiators get hot when hot water is on. Sounds like reverse circulation. i;e The return pipe for these 2 radiators are tee'd in in between the return from the hot water cylinder, and the boiler.

The D2 pipework doesn't appear to be correct, not stepped up 1 size and no tundish as previously said.

Unvented requires a seperate ticket to work on, like gas (gassafe) and oil (oftec) I wouldn't pay a penny more until you are sure its all complies to current regulations. This could cost you a fair amount to correct which will obviously effect how much, if any, you are willing to pay the cowboys that finished the job.

Sam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back