Greenstar Camray Utility System pressure guage reading 0 bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I rent a property.
The boiler is a year old.
We have had a problem getting 2 radiators upstairs to heat up properly. They are hot at bottom but cold at the top and hardly any heat coming out the top of the radiator. Our landlord has just told us to bleed the radiators which hasnt done anything.
My dad looked in the boiler and said it was unusual it was reading 0 bar cold. When working it goes to about 0.4 bar. All other radiators and hot water work and there is no noises.
Is there a problem? Is there something we can do? Or should i just bite the bullet and contact my landlord again.
Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
The boiler pressure when cold needs to be around 1.5 bar - use the filling loop to achieve this if you can,
With luck, this will get things sorted and at least you will be able to bleed the rads properly.
Expect the pressure to rise a little when the heating is on.
John :)

ok i am confused now.
the silver hose in the airing cupboard which i was convinced is the filling loop (i googled pictures) i have just felt and there is water running through it?
is this right surely not? Its joined to a copper pipe and one end is red hot then the silver hose with two valves on and on the other side a painted copper pipe which is cold???
Im very confused

Sponsored Links
Maybe you could post us a picture?
It sounds like you have found the filling loop, by your description - but it certainly shouldn't have water running through it!
Usually there is a tap at one end, and a non return valve at the other of the braided pipe, and it connects 15mm cold water pipe to the 22mm central heating pipe as it returns to the boiler......its a good idea to disconnect it once its been used.
If water was running through the filling loop, the pressure gauge would be reading around 3 bar, and water would be discharging out of the overflow pipe outside.
John :)

Many thanks for your replys.
It was the filling loop and there was not water running through it :oops:
Filled the system up and all has been running good now at around 2 bar.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back