Greenstar Highflow 440. Loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Above combi boiler, loss of pressure last few days, I refill & next day no pressure again.
I called a local plumber today he told me to see if the PRV was letting water escape. He said turn boiler off so all gets cold, set pressure to 1bar & switch on, he said if pressure goes up to +3bar, then the expansion vessel may have gone.
Looked at a few youtube clips & I now note the following:
if I press the Schrader valve water comes out.
I have expelled the water best I can & pumped up the vessel (0.75bar).
I have now restarting the boiler, (it was running ok, just need to keep topping up).
What I want to know is have I fixed it? or do I need a new part?
Murphys law, I am away all next week & I cant have the lady of the house without hot water & heating.

Sponsored Links
When you pumped up the EV ,did you relieve system pressure prior ? If water was coming out of the EV valve ,its likely it may have to be replaced. You will know tomorrow if your attempts have been successful , if you leave boiler / ch on today and monitor pressure gauge.

When you pumped up the EV ,did you relieve system pressure prior ? If water was coming out of the EV valve ,its likely it may have to be replaced. You will know tomorrow if your attempts have been successful , if you leave boiler / ch on today and monitor pressure gauge.
I did relieve the pressure. Its been running now for about an hour, pressure has gone from 1bar to 1.75bar, so that is certainly better.

Time will tell. If it has not sorted it ,you can use a radiator as a temporary EV whilst you are away.and sort it proper upon your return.

Sponsored Links
If you had water at the shraeder valve i would expect the expansion vessel would need changing sooner rather than later.

If you had water at the shraeder valve i would expect the expansion vessel would need changing sooner rather than later.
Just been looking at prices, best I found £90.58 +£7.50postage. Looks like an easy job to replace. IS IT?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back