Grey Bartol Waste to metric fitting for pan help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Son just bought new house and need to adapt new toilet pan (upstairs bathroom) to old Bartol Grey waste pipe. Bartol is weld pipe approx 4.37" o/d-4.14" i/d (metric 112mm o/d -105mm 1/d) and would guess with this being a thicker pipe it's about 3.5-4mm wall thickness.
Have bought a McAlpine flexible pan adaptor see link https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-f21r-flexible-wc-pan-connector-white-110mm/8145p but is fractionally too tight to go inside. If I just push the the rubber end (ribbed seal) it's a bad fit - pushes itself inside the pipe and will not allow the solid end of pipe to slide inside.
It's in a pig of a place inside the eves with a 20' run and a hard right angle in the middle. Pipe was sitting at 17degrees!!!! so need the flexi to drop down to get the angle back to 1/2deg. Got no other options here than to work with what we have.
Any suggestions or alternative fittings to mate these?

Attachments

• 20210808_144909.jpg
    20210808_144909.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210808_144912.jpg
    20210808_144912.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210808_144930.jpg
    20210808_144930.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Neither photo shows soil connection, and is Marley, not Bartol. Is it the grey part with the rubber in? If so, you’ll need a piece of soil pipe to make a decent fit.

It's a bastardised set up. Grey pipe is stamped Bartol, orange painted fitting is Marley 110mm. As stated, but maybe not clearly, the inside of the Marley fitting has been ground out from 110 to 112mm to slide onto the Bartol pipe be approx 20mm then hot melt used for glue.
The set up we just removed was the one in the pic coming through the wall and the pan fitting into it.
The Bartol pipe is (sizes in original post but I'll stick to metric for this post) 112mm o/d and 105mm i/d with a wall thickness of 3.5mm.
I need a fitting to allow us a similar set up ie 110mm for the pan (I will be using as per pic a McAlpine flexi pan extention/connector from the inside of room through to the grey pipe in eves to connect to the 112mm o/d of the grey Bartol pipe.
So what I am asking, and there must be a few of you guys who have encountered this prob in your travels, is: "what did you do to sort it...?" Or am going to have to butcher an identical Heath Robinson set up again?

Can you not just replace the grey pipe with a piece of soil pipe, eg similar length?

Sponsored Links
All 20' foot of it? Where would I stop? The soil stack? the 2 bathroom sinks and bath that are all saddle strapped to it? At which point does it become stupid? The house was built 1980 and it's just impractical and cost prohibative to do that so the only sensible option is to find a simlar attachment point to the Bartol pipe.

No, the piece removed (which looks about 2ft).

Thats a 10" section that went through from eves-bathroom and the pan connected to it but as stated the run was 17 degrees so the connection has to start obviously in the bathroom-through wall and then drop via flexi pipe and connect (somehow) from 110 to 105mm onto the grey soil in the eves thats being reset at 1-2degrees.

Can you get any spigot offset connectors onto it?

Sorted - simply. Found a 30deg 110mm single socket push fit then a Flexseal dc115 rubber coupling to join to existing Bartol pipe. This then allows the flexi pan connector to drop in to 30deg socket at much shallower angle into soil pipe. Job done.
Only grief was trying to find a Flexseal locally - no luck. Ebay was cheapest/quickest.

Worth noting that 110mm soil pipe is standard sizing across the manufacturers. Appreciate you have sorted the issue now, but for future reference, any 110mm pipe/fittings should be compatible. Finned Pan Connectors are designed to fit inside the 110mm pipe, if presented with a socket, then either use a 'PanCon' with a 110mm spigot end, or insert a piece of pipe into the socket then used the finned connector.

The main issues are with certain profiles of Guttering and Push Fit waste pipe/fittings which are not standard between manufacturers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back