old Bartol waste pipe to new

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of digging up a concrete floor to move a waste pipe so in a new bathroom layout it will emerge in a more convenient position. So far so good even when it became like archaeology!

Problem is I was all set up with 40mm waste pipe and fittings and solvent weld as the waste will be buried again in the concrete - but i have uncovered what seems to be 1 1/2" push fit pipe (as I can pull it apart).

One joint of pipework says Bartol CW10. Have discovered that Hepworth bought Bartol.

Bearing in mind it will be buried should I try to find push fit pipe that will fit or should I use something like this:

http://www.flexseal.co.uk/products/fern-straight.htm

Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
How do you know this pipe is clear :?:

If it was my house I would renew the lot. You can then sleep easy as you know there will be no leaks or blockages on this new run of pipe :D

That is a LOT of digging up concrete!

The waste runs to the soil pipe which is all in the concrete and that is way too much in my opinion!

The bath before ran out fine and now it is open I will rod it out as best I can.

Any thoughts on joining the pipes?

If I got 40mm push fit polypropylene waste pipe, could I put some solvent weld around the edge of the joint to seal it or is this asking for trouble?

Can you even solvent weld polypropylene?

It's very late and I'm still thinking about this!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Go to your plumbers merchant and he will have all sizes of fittings for every job.

Don't start trying to koj it up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back