Grey veneer supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am trying to find a supplier of grey or grey ash type wood veneer. I have looked on the internet but cannot find a supplier based in the UK.

Could anyone please suggest a supplier.

Also is it possible to stain a real wood veneer using Colron or something similar ?

It is to stick onto the sides of a larder unit to disguise the white colour.

Any advice is very gratefully received

Best regards

Glenn

Sponsored Links
A possible word of caution. The laminate sheet sizes on Egger are circa 3m x 2m (although the OP might be able to source a door size laminate piece) and in the main laminate suppliers such as PanelCo don't offer cutting to size services - that's down to the end user (who is normally trade, so no problem)

Sponsored Links
there are people on ebay who offer a cut-to-size and edging service. The carriage can work out expensive, so get all the panels, shelves and trim done at the same time.

I've had decor panels and shelves in 18mm, but there is also a 10mm (or 8mm?) board.

Thanks Job and Knock for your reply, I'd noticed that myself about the sizing bit large for what I wanted . I've looked at the door skins , but I think they are more trade than retail and carriage might be an issue.
Best regards

Glenn

Thanks John I've looked at ebay but don't seem to be able to find any UK suppliers who do Grey, they appear to be all American with massive carriage charges,so that's a none starter.

Do you have the company where you got yours from by any chance?

Many thanks for your advice itis very much appreciated.

Best regards
Glenn

I think it was this company
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271892937025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they have an Excel spreadsheet which you download and fill in the dimensions, orientation, edging, colour etc and it works out the price. Mine was very nicely done.

I ordered several small colour samples first at £1 each, they were actually posted to me from Egger and in a thinner board. I have a sample here, it looks like 8mm and each of my samples has a label with name and order code. I think if you go straight to Egger they might post you a sample free. I remember looking unsuccessfully on their site for a local supplier.

I don't know if the grey is as common as the Walnut I bought, they might offer you a price as a special order.

This other company http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nove-Flow...Panels-/321109961856?var=&hash=item76c5141a01 says they stock 100 different colours, they make cabinets to order, I have not used them yet.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
amusingly, they sent all the shelves in a sort of custom-made crate made of the same material that they'd cut the shelves out of. Probably easy if you have the materials and cutter to hand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back