Where to buy grey self binding gravel or sand?

BFG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a groundwork project which is nearly complete. It's a paving area with grey millstone flags with uneven edges. To infill the joins we need to find a sand as would be used for block-paving of similar, or maybe even a fine gravel of 2-5mm.

We've tried all our local suppliers and quarries / distributors on the internet but the best we can come up with is a very pale grey (almost white). Does anyone know where we can see a decent range of greys?

(We can't use cement because of drainage).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Three things will occur if you don't point the slabs properly.

1. Whatever loose material you dribble in the gaps will eventually disappear.

2. Seeds will see these gaps as an Eden paradise and will be germinating all over the place within 12 months.

3. Gaps in slabs will eventually mud up and be of no use as drainage.

It will be a nightmare to brush and you will get your stilettos caught in the gaps.

Point them with mortar or suffer the consequences.

There are far to many amateurish makeover prog's on tele lately, giving diy'ers the wrong impression.

With respect, I simply asked for material sourcing advice, not a critique of what you assume my project is.

BTW, I don't watch TV.

Nurr, Nose, stick that in yer pipe and smoke it :LOL: :LOL:

All joking aside, that's a bit of an unnecessarily brusque response BFG: Nose is only giving you the benefit of his experience and expertise. It's up to you whether or not you take note of it, but it doesn't deserve your response.

Sponsored Links
ah you want to try this company they do a good range of sands and very fine aggregates:-

Nose is only giving you the benefit of his experience and expertise. It's up to you whether or not you take note of it, but it doesn't deserve your response.

Modified accordingly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back