Synthetic veneer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have boxed in my cistern, pipes etc.. in my toilet with MDF and plywood. Now I would now like to cover the wood with some dark walnut veneer (before I fix the pannels into place), however as it is quite a large area (1520 x 860 front panel & 1520 x 26 top) I am not certain that real wood veneer will look nice due to the different cuts.

I could have used pre-veneered MDF but this seems to cost around £100 for a big sheet!. I am thefore trying to find out if synthetic veneer could be an option. Furniture I see in the shops (like MFI/Ikea etc..) I am sure does not use real wood veneer, but having browsed the web I cannot find and suppliers, for this synthetic veneer.

Does anyone know where this can be bought? or if there is an alternative I can use?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Whether you use laminate or veneer you will find it expensive. Walnut is one of the more expensive veneers, but £100/sheet for walnut-veneered mdf is OTT.

It may have been better to make your boxing in a veneered mdf using a cheaper veneer and then stained to match walnut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back