Grid Power Supply Cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not the most savvy when it comes to DIY and Electricity supplies so hoping those with the knowledge may take share a little of their time to help me understand the main power supply to my property. The property is a 1900's terrace, and the main cable supplying electricity to the property is show in the image attached. Now I've seen many of the more modern properties which have a seal and main fuse between the supply and the fuse box but never seen anything like this one before. It appears to have 2 cables coming from the supply through separate fuses before both cables exit the fuses? Does this mean there are 2 separate supplies served from this outlet or does it have a different meaning? Appreciate any help from or advice, so I can better understand what this supply actually means.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard, really appreciate the quick response! Totally make sense now when its explained.

I guess that (somewhere outside) there is an earth rod coming out of the ground?
This is very important.

Sponsored Links
Hi Taylor, I'm not sure about an earth rod being outside but I know there is one located under the floor as seen that located close to where the gas meter is located, it's entirely possible there is also one located outside as this by the main entrance to the property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back