Grinning - but I'm not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, help.
My plan was to have a rich dark blue gloss coat for the front door. From a distance it looks great BUT close-up the original white coat is grinning through.
The undercoat was dark grey but I don't know whether the original white gloss was sanded.
The door has now had three coats of blue, but the problem is never cured.
As well as the grinning the paint has cracked along the edges of the panels.
The weather conditions were okay for painting as far as I could tell. It was done in March and again in April.
Painting not done by me, guv, but it looks as though I'm going to be the one to take remedial action.
Any advice on how to wipe the grin off, gratefully received.
*Also, I have two metal screws attaching a black slate house number to the wall. Can I use Halfords chrome paint on the screws to make them black?
**If I can't get the colour I want for painting an exterior wood gate (never been painted) but I can get the colour in Weathershield masonry paint, could I use that on wood?
Thanks for reading this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back