Grohe Concealed Cistern - Install Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of refreshing a bathroom.

Basin: B&Q Nira 804 Basin

Cabinet: B&Q Imandra Grey 800

Toilet Unit : B&Q Imandra Grey Toilet Unit

Toilet: GSI Norm 55 Back-to-wall

Cistern: Grohe 39053 Concealed Cistern

The question I have relates to the cistern, WHY do I need a "min. 220" for a cistern that is only 146mm deep?

I was hoping to cut the B&Q cabinet back to ~170mm deep. The push-flush will be located next to, not directly in front of, the cistern

upload_2019-12-11_17-33-17.png

upload_2019-12-11_17-31-58.png

Regards

Tet

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-11_17-33-3.png
    upload_2019-12-11_17-33-3.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 374
Sponsored Links
Two possibilities:

1) You need sufficient space in front of the cistern to allow for the push button - not an issue if you're installing off to one side
2) To allow for the radius on the flush pipe - doesn't seem likely from the schematic.

By the way - good luck servicing the cistern through that access panel!

Two possibilities:

1) You need sufficient space in front of the cistern to allow for the push button - not an issue if you're installing off to one side
2) To allow for the radius on the flush pipe - doesn't seem likely from the schematic.

By the way - good luck servicing the cistern through that access panel!

Thanks for the reply. As for the servicing, I'm going to swap out the top panel for a piece of granite. I'm hoping that a Grohe cistern should be pain-free. Pulling out the pan should be straightforward (silicone aside) as the GSI pan fittings are horizontal into a floor mounted pair of brackets.

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
I'm going to swap out the top panel for a piece of granite

When I said top panel I meant the vertical top section on the face of the cabinet not the cabinet top. If you need to service the cistern you will need front access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back