Question on Grohe concealed cistern

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there

Thank you for reading my question

I have a Grohe concealed cistern. I have an issue where, after flushing, the water does not shut off once the cistern is full, and it has a continuous small flow into the bowl. After 2 or 3 flushes, the water will shut off once the cistern is full.

What is interesting is that when I take the actuation plate off and test flushing, it works perfectly every time.

Before I pull the cistern apart with the hope that cleaning it will fix the issue (not sure why this would be the case) it would be great to hear if anyone has some advice.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Check to see if the 2 plastic push/flush rods have been snapped short to the correct length. Often they are not and can be too long, so that they either lift the flush valve a bit when stationary or bind something at the back. Other than that push plate may not be on right and deforming the cistern.
Make sure all is cleaned if you have limescale problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back