Grohe EAU2 Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grohe EAU2 Cistern (2-years old) which occasionally runs non-stop into the Bowl. Most of the time it works OK, but then it will run all the time. To stop it I press the flush button a few times, and all is well until the next time. I have examined the Discharge valve which looks in good condition.
I am getting fed up with this cistern, I have removed the components several times since new to examine. Is it possible to replace the Discharge Valve with a different model ? A Grohe replacement is over £40.00 (which I can't trust to work for long) - I've seen others for about £10.00 - can anyone recommend one?
I would very much appreciate any advice on this subject.

Sponsored Links
I did one of these last week. You will need to turn off the water supply to the cistern, flush toilet and remove any excess water from the cistern. I used a wet vacuum. Then you can remove the flush valve which is fitted through the cistern. Once remove take it to your local plumb centre and get a single push button replacement. The fitting through the cistern is either 1-1/2" or 2".

I have included the link to the fitting you already have if it is any good to you.

http://www.grohe.co.uk/lib/1/tpi/1241622.pdf

Happy Plumbing.

Andy

Thanks to Andy for that quick reply, I'll get it replaced this weekend.
Ian :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back