Grohe Wirless Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting in a new bathroom and have decided on a Grohe Rainshower System. I can get one with exposed thermostatic valve or the Grohtherm Wireless system for about the same price. The wireless one looks good and seems practical but how reliable are they? I can imagine if they go wrong it would be a nightmare. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Thanks.

Marc

Sponsored Links
fitted many of these and can't fault them, customer service is very good.
they have a display of the fault code if one occurs. they have a standard 5 yr warranty.
compaired to the other wireless showers like aquilisa which i have had two fail under warranty due to limescaled shower head which can only be changed and not de-scaled. which has now been upgraded by aquilisa.
triton satellite just forget had to make many calls to triton due to faulty controls.
the grohe has come down in price alot since i first fitted one and can't fault them
ok-wink.gif

fitted many of these and can't fault them, customer service is very good.
they have a display of the fault code if one occurs. they have a standard 5 yr warranty.
compaired to the other wireless showers like aquilisa which i have had two fail under warranty due to limescaled shower head which can only be changed and not de-scaled. which has now been upgraded by aquilisa.
triton satellite just forget had to make many calls to triton due to faulty controls.
the grohe has come down in price alot since i first fitted one and can't fault them
ok-wink.gif

Thanks for the reply. Given the choice between the wireless and traditional mechanical versions (assuming they were the same price), which one would you go for?

what type of system are you running it off combi mains pressure or gravity system ?

Sponsored Links
not so bad on a combi system and a thermo mixer valve as you can tee of the bath taps and up the wall to mixer.
as with a gravity system you have to get hot/cold from two seperate locations and 9/10 times install a pump, which makes the wireless alot easyer to install.

dependng where you want to install the unit ie in loft or under bath etc
it still saves alot of agro if their is a problem as with a mixer its located in the wall and can be a pain if their is a problem.

so personal choice i still prefer the wireless grohe over all
as you only have the control pad and not an ugly mixer valve.

Thanks again.

Access is not really an issue as the unit is being mounted to a stud wall behind which is going to be a cupboard.

In terms of looks I actually think the mixer valve version looks better as the connections from the mains are directly into the back of the valve:

27032000.jpg

compared to this where you have to have a separate wall outlet:

71710.jpg

However, my main concern with the wireless is that there is simply more to go wrong and that guests may find it too complicated to use! Also, does the control unit work on batteries? What if they run out?

they do run on batteries and the control will come up with 01 when low then just change even if they are flat not a problem.

Can someone explain a 'wireless shower' :confused: This seems ideal for me to replace my electric one with as I have a combi boiler and I want a good shower now not something, even at 9kw, that just about makes you wet enough after standing under it for 5 minutes.

the grohe has two wireless control pads they send a signal to the main control box in the loft etc.
one control pad go in the shower area one you can have in bedroom etc
so when you get up press the button shower comes on to your temp required.
if shower not entered within 5 mins shower will automatically shut itself back down.
ok-wink.gif

the grohe has two wireless control pads they send a signal to the main control box in the loft etc.
one control pad go in the shower area one you can have in bedroom etc
so when you get up press the button shower comes on to your temp required.
if shower not entered within 5 mins shower will automatically shut itself back down.
ok-wink.gif

Just read the site, thanks for your explanation too fella. Simple really.... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back