gross misconduct/social network site

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,im enquiring on behalf of a work mate who has posted a photo and comment on a social site.
from what im told it was a picture of a empty property not very clean.from what i know,she has not mentioned company/or anything to do with who she works for etc.others did comment,but what was meant to be said to a friend went to all friends.then she was grassed on or bosses found out somehow.

her employment is 25 years without a blemish on her record.she is suspended ,an has recieved charges on disrepute/gross misconduct.union is now involved.

whatwas meant to be a joke/comment has gone wrong,she has shown a statement of apology but as anyone got suggestions on anything she can do/say to save her job

.i myself did not see property but she has named street an said how disguting it was,

what do think people?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I think you have come on here for a laugh because there are better sites to go on than this one.

People who write about their bosses business on social sites should have their arse kicked for being so stupid.

I better she has said as much already.

First off, do the company have a 'Social Networking' and/or 'Use of IT Policy'? And if so, what does that policy say with respect to the use/posting on, Social Networks and forums?

Just shows how social networking sites can lead to someone's fall from grace. Someone was finished at my place of work, and immediately posted "not very nice" comments on facebook about work and supposed workmates. Result? our boss is considering legal action against this person. ;) ;)

Just shows how social networking sites can lead to someone's fall from grace. Someone was finished at my place of work, and immediately posted "not very nice" comments on facebook about work and supposed workmates. Result? our boss is considering legal action against this person. ;) ;)
The social networking sites haven't led this person you're referring to to 'fall from grace'. He/she made the comments, not the site. As to the comments themselves, he/she is perfectly entitled to his/her opinion. If others don't agree that's their opinion. If the comments were slanderous or similar then that is another thing and they may regret making the comments should legal action be brought. But there's a world of difference between slanderous and 'not very nice' comments.

What is the picture of specifically? a disabled person's house / an unoccupied rewire / council offices?

What is the picture of specifically? a disabled person's house / an unoccupied rewire / council offices?
I understood your point cajar, just wanted to pull your chain. :evil: If I'm reading it right, I think the issue is more with the comment that relates to the property rather than the actual photo of the property but I could be mistaken. We need the gingerbreadman back to explain further and answer the questions posed.

Hmmm... Gingerbreadman... this isn't a wind-up is it? The property looks fine to me...

gingerbread_man.jpg

form the info i got,its was an empty property of a housing trust,she is a trades person,the comment was {wont not take cup of coffee from this tenant}.but people she knows on social site.commented an she replied with street name/area.no name of companies/tenants none there/not even profile on network where she works.so called friend must have shown photo of bad kitchen/flat to bosses or with comments been passed on through site.

unless she has tight privacy settings, the pictures and comments will be publicly available. Even if not, once she has published, anybody can copy and paste.

In which case it is equivalent to sticking a poster on a wall saying "look at this minger's filthy house"

Do I think an employer would accept that from an employee who has the privilege of visiting people in their homes?

Dissing your employer, or commenting on work matters to non-work people goes to the root of the employment contract and is a disciplinary matter

It does not matter if this is down the pub, over the phone or on FB ..... the fact that FB makes is easier does not make this a new thing specific to social networks

If you want to talk about the stupid things your employer does, then open an anonymous account. And mask or change your IP address for safe measure

Sponsored Links
Back