Ground Floor Sockets

Also, I think you'll find that when rumning through joists you should add some sort of cable support, because joist spacings of 400mm or more are above the minimum support distances for T&E cable. Would I add supports? Not on your Nelly.
50mm cable tray sits quite neatly into mini-joist hangers.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Hey Guys, when rewiring is it better to run the ring circuit cables for the ground floor under the floorboards or to take them up the wall in piping under the plaster and run them about in the ceiling? This is assuming that there is going to be re plastering... Thinking only having to take one floor up and no wires underneath where mice ext can nibble :0 But then you have people nailing drilling pictures ext... What you think? This is in theory BTW. :)

Do whichever you prefer.

Or a combination of both.

Would you rather disturb the plaster, or the flooring?

I would say in the real world no one worries about mice under the floor; until they've actually got them, that is...

Cable zones are very important of course, though you still get people drilling there. A common thing I've seen is dopey women nailing a vertical row of small pictures in line with a light switch because it looks nice...

Seems I have sparked quite a debate (no pun intended ;) ). Thanks guys its been great to get all your ideas. I reckon underfloor is the way to go if pos :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back