Grout Discolouration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello forum,

I've been tidying up my bathroom recently, including using a grout reviver to brighten up the old grout inbetween the tiles (bathroom tiled & grouted c. 2001).

It has worked well on the walls, but not so well on the tiled floor. The grout doesn't seem to "take" the reviver stuff very well, and even when it stays on ok, it seems to stain quite easily when there's any muck around.

The grout reviver I used is some cheap stuff from Amazon. Could I expect better results using the more expensive stuff they sell in the DIY shops? Or, realistically, should I think about digging out the old grout and regrouting?

Thanks
Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That stuff is only really temporary. Get a good grout cleaner from LTP or Fila for the floor.

Sponsored Links
Floor grout colour should be on the dark side , grey etc, light colours never last long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back