Re grouting tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm regrouting my bathroom but theres a few problems, first the tiles are not spaced evenly. Some of the tiles are touching and I obviouely can't get any tool between them to get even a small gap to fill with grout. The next problem is some of the grout seems much to hard to be grout, even with a cuting disc on my grinder it takes some getting through.

Help I need, can i grout over without cutting old grout back to the depth of the tile?
Will grout over grout just crack off??

Any help is much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Grout over grout is not a permanent solution. When you apply grout for the first time it sticks to the tiles on either side, not the surface below. So when you apply a new layer of grout on top of old, it can't stick to the sealed layer below and is simply stacked on top. It might stick to some of the tile, but yes it will quickly just crack off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back