Grout Reviver - Can't get it off my shower tiles!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I recently used some grout reviver to clean the grout in my shower cubicle. It came in a tube and was applied with a spongue head (too big for the line of grout). I left it on the tiles for a couple of hours, and now it is virtually impossible to remove the excess from the tiles themselves. My tiling is a real mess, I have used spongues, scrapers etc but am really struggling. I think part of the problem is that the shower tiles are not totally smooth (they are pitted). Surely there must be some chemical application that I can paint on to remove this gunk from the tiles? Any help from you members will be gratefully appreciated? Many thanks Emms xxxx :D

Sponsored Links
The problem is more the length of time you left it on before wiping it off. A couple of hours is far too long, 15 mins is about the usual.

These things are pretty rubbish and are a sticking plaster fix. I used it once and had similar problems with the sponge head being to big.

You could try using a razor balde to scrape it buy you are likely to scratch the glaze. Otheriwse try dipping a sponge in white spirit and scrubing like mad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back