Grout turning soggy sloppy after a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed bathroom tiles approximently 1 year ago and wondered why i was forever cleaning the bath edges of grout. My bathroom is only tiled around the top of the bath approx 1 mutitude of little mosaic tiles high. When I looked closely I noticed that all of the grout has been washed out and looked a mess. I assume that this grout I used was not water proof or suitable for bathroom tiles? if this is true then does anyone have any recommendations of any suitable grout products or can I just get away with using a waterproof sealer product over the top of the existing grout rather than chopping it all out a again?

Sponsored Links
You well never get right now, without removing the existing grout, sounds like you have either purchased a product unsuitable for the location or not applied or mixed correctly.
I personally use BAL or Mapei products, so either microflex or ultracolor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back