Grouting next to toilet bowl is damp - causes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have noticed that on the grout line next to the toilet basin is damp (circled in pic below), and hoped someone could help me find out where this could be coming from?

We had a problem with when you flushed the toilet that water would be leaking out of the seal on the back of the toilet where it goes into the ground, but this was fixed yesterday as the plumber said the seal had dropped and he pulled it back up

Pictures are attached one showing the damp grouting going under the toilet bowl and the other showing the waste pipe going into the floor.

Sponsored Links
Well loziv, as this has just been fixed yesterday, it could be the now old leak drying out. Keep an eye on it and recheck the work done by your plumber for any further leaks. You could wrap some paper around the area where the old leak was and recheck this.
Pete

Put some food dye in the cistern and leave for an hour, then flush the toilet.

Now check if the water on the floor has changed colour, if not then its old water drying out. If it has changed colour then call back the plumber.

When every I do repairs to a toilet, I always use a drain dye and show the customer that there is no fresh leak on the toilet.

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back