grumbling noises by f.freezer

S

snadge

I posted about this not long ago - we installed our F.Freezer and it was making noises that are akin to grumbling moaning stomach when someones hungry... well, since we filled the F.Freezer with food it seemed to calm down and do it less often... well now its still doing it, its not very loud but certainly audible when in kitchen and i can hear it in dining room as im on other side of the wall...

our old freezer and fridge dont make these noises...

why does it make these noises and can it be fixed?

thanks

Sponsored Links
we brought a second hand hotpoint freezer, it does the same thing.

we have a open plan barn conversion, does my head in during the night. getting used to it tho.

snadge";p="1853509 said:
I posted about this not long ago - we installed our F.Freezer and it was making noises that are akin to grumbling moaning stomach when someones hungry... well, since we filled the F.Freezer with food it seemed to calm down and do it less often... well now its still doing it, its not very loud but certainly audible when in kitchen and i can hear it in dining room as im on other side of the wall...

our old freezer and fridge dont make these noises...

why does it make these noises and can it be fixed?
snadge";p="1853509 said:

Dunno, why not ask a refridgeration engineer?

Sponsored Links
All of the fridge freezers my family have owned have made strange noises, our last one sounded like the Tardis in Dr Who, when it was about to de-materialise :)

I suspect that it is simply the refrigerant condensing as it passed through the panel at the back.

Modern refrigeration units do seem to be more compact and have thinner diameter pipework at the back, probably to increase overall heat dissipation and improve efficiency.

Older fridge freezers also used refrigerants that are now banned, maybe they were more efficient at heat transfer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back