Grundfos Alpha plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been quoted £35 (presumably plus VAT) plus £12 carriage for a replacement connection plug. The weight is just 25gms! The company was BSL official distributors.

This appears to be a huge rip off. The plug suffered water ingress and eventually shorted. As a design engineer, I can question the fitness for purpose for an item often in a damp environment.

Sponsored Links
As a design engineer why do you think it is in a damp environment? :LOL:

Not sure where your tongue was when responding but; - if the system is heated, the pump will tend to remain dry even if there are seepages above.

If the system is cold, both seepages and condensation can dampen the plug.

My company manufacture cable deck glands for sea-going boats. Now that is a damp environment! Furthermore both the gland and the Bulgin connectors we recommend are IP68 proof (10 metres depth, two weeks immersion, no leaks) and further yet, both companies are British!

Sponsored Links
Why did it fail due to liquid damage?

£60 does seem steep, but then it is not a usual spare part and might have disproportionate cost to fish out of the warehouse.

To the OP!

Was the pump head correctly oriented?

Why did the leakage occur?

Why was it not covered under the warranty?

How much supply and delivery do you charge for your deck connectors?

Tony

OP YEP IT is a rip off welcome to world of gas spares where a 20 quid pcb costs us 100/200 and even 300 quid depending on boiler.
Instead of just buying the plug why not buy a complete pump use the plug and keep the pump head as a spare for when its req

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back