Replacing Wilo Gold-D pump with Grundfos Alpha 2

If its only 10 mm tails to the rads than all of the problems with microbore will have been virtually eliminated.

In that case, I would not see any reason per se not to fit a smart pump if you think that it will give you any useful power saving.

The simple answer is that I dont know what power it would be likely to use running your installation. I certainly dont think that it will be just 8w or 15w! I would expect it to be in the range 20-60w but that will depend on the flow rate selected and the flow resistance of your pipework.

With 22/15 pipework its virtually certain that it will work on setting "2" but test it anyway and see if you notice any difference.

Tony

Sponsored Links
"Finally, spend a couple of quid and get some quality fibre washers from B&Q when fitting a new pump. The rubber ones which come with pumps perish over time"

B**llocks,, said in true style by a diyer. Dunno why you pander to them Agile.

I do not see any problem with either of the posters on this thread.

But you have replied almost a year after the previous posting.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back