Grundfos Niagra STC 2.0 problems (wont start)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive installed the above pump on a gravity system

Cold is direct from the cistern
Hot is via a surrey flange on top of Hot Water Storage Vessel

Shower head is about 400mm from the ceiling with the cold water cistern in the loft located on the floor so if the cold tank is full theres about 500mm height of water in the tank.

Ive fitted a mixer valve (pura if anyone is familiar with the model 1 mixer valve and an on/off vlave)

All of the inlet/outlet hoses are in the vertical orientation as described in the install instructions.

When the shower is turned on with the pump off ( to prime the pump and fill both impeller chambers) i get a trickle from either the hot or cold to the shower head.

When i power up the pump, it wont fire up when the mixer valve is opened.

I figured this maybe a negative head problem so ive fitted a Neg Head kit which incorporates an air switch, but pressing the switch fires up the pump for about 10 seconds then the pump dies again (even when the mixer tap is open)

Im now thinking that there may be air in the pump impeller chambers but im cant figure out how to purge the chambers of air.

Ive disconnected the pump outlets and leaving the ends open and have just let the inlet water flow through the pump. I figured this would fill the chambers, but im at a loss now as its still not working and im running out of options...

oh and ive checked the strainers on the inlet hoses and they are clear.

can anyone shed any light?

sorry for the long post, ive tried to be concise as possible

thanks

Not so SUPERPLUMBER

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back