Grundfos UPS 15-50 Power issues

good

You might need two people to help[ diagnose the defect

You have a got a summer winter control on the cylinder
Get someone to stand near the boiler and you near the cylinder
Place your hand on the primary pump (the one that runs when boiler fire- other pump will run when the timer comes on)
Reduce the summer winter setting
If the boiler was running at that moment in time, boiler will shut down, but the pump will run on a bit
If boiler and pump are off, adjust summer winter control to winter.
Pump and boiler will run
Reduce to summer settings
Boiler goes off but pump runs on for a short time

Get the flue checked as the system is old and often inner tube corroded
Replacement is still available; I have a replacement available if it is required
Also get an engineer to remove the fan and clean the main heat exchanger as this work is often ignored and heat exchanger is often well bunged up with combustion debris

I suspect it is not a pump problem

Good luck

Sponsored Links
The boilermate (your type) is prone to leaking water from inside the case,have seen many fail that way,surprised how good your one is.
you need a gas safe, experienced boilermate tech,sadly the latter could be difficult to find,do any of your neighbours have same system,they could have a boilermate repair man on speed dial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, look at the Boilermate schematic before speculating

This way you will be helping the poster with correct information

If you regularly go to fix heating systems you will be aware that many are not wired up as the manufacturer's instructions advise.

You just cannot assume anything and particularly when a system is not operating as hoped for.

The wiring has to be carefully checked, wire by wire. Second plumber thinks he has checked the system and says it is all correct. In that case why do you think it is still faulting?

Tony I give everyone benefit of doubt
I have also suggested the op does some basic checks to strengthen by remote diagnostic thoughts(y)
There are people out there, believe it if not, who have knowledge and skill that far exceeds the credit you give them :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you regularly go to fix heating systems you will be aware that many are not wired up as the manufacturer's instructions advise.

Does not mean EVERY one I visit is like that. Some jobs are carried out to a standard that is beyond compare. Yes I regularly fix heating systems

You might need two people to help[ diagnose the defec

DP maybe ask Agile to accompany you,2 minds is better than one.

Be careful if he gets his FgA out and asks you to hold it.

Its been up so many biasi's and never calibrated.

DP maybe ask Agile to accompany you,2 minds is better than one.

Be careful if he gets his FgA out and asks you to hold it.

Its been up so many biasi's and never calibrated.

Out of area charge would be tad high for the end user I am afraid.
Tony could attend, him being in the Big Smoke
It is not the FGA I am afraid of, it is the Oscilloscope and ECR meter that gives me the shakes
FGA holds no fear for me as it will not fire up I would imagine as cells may have croaked it if the said FGA has not been to Kevin's shop.:whistle:

There are people out there, believe it if not, who have knowledge and skill that far exceeds the credit you give them

In this case the OP has had two plumbers visit his installation and still the problem persists.

I am not impressed by their knowledge and skill and interest in sorting out the fault.

You will not be able to check NO contact resistance while relay is in circuit when relay is operated
A multimeter will not give you true/ 'working' contact resistance

Again as I have asked often, show how you would achieve what you are preaching

I have to disagree with you there.

But perhaps you don't realise how to measure it?

You don't use the resistance range on the meter!

I have to disagree with you there.

But perhaps you don't realise how to measure it?

You don't use the resistance range on the meter!

Bullpoop is all I am going to say Tony.
Come off your soap box
I could tell you things about relays you will find hard to Google and I am not saying that for self gratification.
It is you who does not understand the facts.
If you do post your method with pictures. And let us see factual information

In this case the OP has had two plumbers visit his installation and still the problem persists.

I am not impressed by their knowledge and skill and interest in sorting out the fault.

Who are you to be impressed by someone else's knowledge.
Looks like a lot of regulars here are not impressed with yours

i do not waste my time composing pictures and videos to answer casual comments by those who should know exactly how to do simple tests.

It is odd that you will always disagree with me but never explain why! In fact it seems to be your main hobby nowadays.

I must make a note to never respond to your off topic comments.

It is you who does not understand the facts.

Why not provide evidence of what facts I don't understand?

That PO Type 3000 replays are not used in any boilers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back