GRUNDFOS UPS2 15-50/60 130 Inrush Current

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a UPS2 15-50/60 to replace a dying CP53 and am worried about the inrush current (based on the stories seen on this forum and elsewhere about the need for an NTC suppressor cable).

My heating system is wired such that the roomstat, via the programmer, switches the Honeywell V4043 zone valve which in turn starts the pump and fires the boiler.

I've just checked the spec of the zone valve and the switch is rated at 2.2A.

So the question is, do I need the NTC cable? I'm a bit confused, reading through the threads about this seems to suggest that early versions of the pump need the cable and with later versions the pump was either modified to include the suppressor or the cable was supplied with the pump.
The pump I purchased doesn't have a cable, so I'm not sure if I can safely fit this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
The newer ones dont need the suppressor cable, if you bought it from a reputable place and not ebay etc then it should be the new type, someone will come on and tell you how you can tell by something written on the box I cant remember what it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back