GSM communicator network detection improvement possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gjd710 GSM communicator situated under the stairs, which I've attached to the alarm panel.
Placing my phone in the same location as the gjd710 and using the same o2 network as the SIM card in it provides a strong network connection, with 3 out of 4 bars of reception.
Unfortunately the gjd710 states that it is unable to find a network there though.
I'm not keen to move the device as this would be a lot of work and so is there another way that I can aid the gjd710 to detect the mobile network in its current location? I've heard about high gain aerials and wondered whether one of these could work? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Would guess the gjd unit will use 2G ( most do ) your phone will probably use 3/4G connection so you can’t all ways go on what your phone says

Would guess the gjd unit will use 2G ( most do ) your phone will probably use 3/4G connection so you can’t all ways go on what your phone says
Thanks sparkymarka, that's true and this device is 2G. Any ideas as to how I can address the situation?

Sponsored Links
Is the 2G down in your area ? I’ve know the 2G to be off but the other services to work , check 02 website ...can you remove the unit and power off an alarm battery to check if it can get signal in another part if the house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back