GSM switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,
Has anybody used a RTU5024 remote switch?
I have electric gates that I want to control from my iphone and I have been quoted £180 for a GSM switch. The RTU5024 seems to give the same requirement but at around £25
Any input appreciated

Sponsored Links
I have an alternative switch, it's a CL4-GSM with 4 relay outputs, and costs around £30. A cheaper CL1-GSM switch, with a single relay output is also available. Most of these type of switch will allow 'free' calls - that is it will detect the number you are calling from, and if yours is the 'master' phone it will operate a single relay (relay 1) thus allowing you to avoid message charges; otherwise there are a number of commands you can send via a simple app, or directly via text message.

I have used my CL4-GSM for around 5 years now, my application is remote control of my elderly parents' heating system, though I assume they were developed mainly for your type of application.

But that isn't the answer to your question...the answer is 'Yes, somebody has used a RTU5024 remote switch'.

MM

Thanks MM
Just done a check and there are quite a few suppliers showing out of stock but they will be available soon.
How do you rate the app? Does the switch send back info regards state of the switch “on/off or open/closed”
My switch will be sited in the metal box on the brick pier using either 24V DC or 240V AC to power up.
A potential problem could be getting the GMS signal into the metal box, is it possible to extend the antenna?
I have an “ener-j Wi-fi switch” controlling outside lights from my phone but there is a problem when there is a power outage then the power restored the switch defaults to “on”

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back