GSM Wireless Alarm with smoke detector option

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, I need a recomendation for a wireless alarm with GSM dial out to upto 3 key holders. there needs to be support for a smoke detector too and any external bell box can't relay on solar charging as it will be located inside out of direct sunlight - the property is a first floor flat in a listed building so I cant put the box outside either.

I looked at the ADT QuickConnect system but the three year cost is close to £1000 and you don't own the kit, seems very expensive for little extra service.

The Yale HSA6400 also looked good but ITE needs a landline, but I want to use a PAYG sim.

The SA3GSM-Friedland-Response also looked good but I can't see a smoke detector for it, and the solar panel for charging bell box will be a problem as per above.

So any other suggestions? Of can the Yale system support a GSM dialer?

Thanks
E

Sponsored Links
texecom premier with gsm elite com(text messaging) would be my choice and menvier M12 smoke detector

i'm probably making a massive mistake saying this but isn't visconic powermax GSM? that would be a ggod option!

Sponsored Links
No error, Visonic with GSM and battery back up.

Or as Sparkymark says a texecom with M12s.

As you can see these will work without extra add ons as a Yale needs.

Did someone say Yales work all the time?.......................As the above can do without external devices? OOPS

Visonic or Texecom are your better options here.

ah, thank goodness i was right!
i'll second alarm's decision.
texecom and powermax are best choices

Did someone say Yales work all the time?.......................As the above can do without external devices? OOPS

Prefer the landline option myself the phones don't go down when the power does. GSM suspect anyway as sim cards can expire.

Prefer the landline option myself the phones don't go down when the power does. GSM suspect anyway as sim cards can expire.

What does battery back up suggest to you?
Mains reporting gives you time to get it sorted.
Use the correct sims, with test calls they never expire.

Of course you have never had to work on remote sites in certain circumstances so you know nothing about this as per usual.

Have a nice day, its sunny out.
Nice job by the river, might take the fishing rods with me :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I looked at the two brands you recommended but TBH it's beyond me to pull it all together into a shopping list even though I'm sure I could fit it easy enough.

Time to call a pro in I think.

Cheers
E

Did anyone mention that this was a DIY forum and thats some people who come on here actually do not git two ****s about regulations - rules - and all the other things that had to be put in place to stop alarm companies ripping people off mercilessly in the past. They just want something that makes a noise if someone breaks in...

They don't want to be sold monitoring contracts to silent alarms that may or not get someone to your house if you are lucky within 20 minutes. They just want something noisy like you. Perhaps you should stand outside a house and just jabber if anyone showed up. Perfect.

To be honest anyone with half a brain could invent their own a simple pressure switch linked to a siren or home made window contacts. You could spend £50 down maplins and make a pretty useful set up.

As this is a DIY forum it is very sensible to point out to those people who are thinking of using GSM for the occasional alarm call that some SIMs will expire. Not everyone knows that a un-used SIM can be terminated. Better to tell them now rather that explain later why no calls were mae by the alarm system.

A DIYer installing an alarm for the first time will be without the experience and knowledge that is necessary to get the installation right first time.

Go and drown alarm
Well that was a good start :D

A tat difficult as I am a very good swimmer and hold life saving qualifications.

rules - and all the other things that had to be put in place to stop alarm companies ripping people off mercilessly in the past
Care to quantify?

What do you call someone fitting DIY kit for money? Oh yeah YaleGuy3.
What is the reason your on your 3rd incarnation?

Perhaps you should stand outside a house and just jabber if anyone showed up.
As opposed to your stance of " I knock on neighbours doors and tell them there is an alarm being fitted" ROFL.

Anyone remember when he arrived at a Pro Forum?

We had lots of fun there, but then he left, couldn't hack it.

Better to tell them now rather that explain later why no calls were mae by the alarm system.

A DIYer installing an alarm for the first time will be without the experience and knowledge that is necessary to get the installation right first time.

Thanks Bernard - you may note it was actually myself who brought up the subject of sims expiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back