Visonic Alarm shopping list - have i missed anything?

Sponsored Links
to update the thread, this is now installed and working.

- very easy to use
- keyprox tags easily fit on a key ring, small and compact
- a users needs to be added for each keypox tag added to the system
- GSM dial out is almost instant
- the touchscreen wireless CP is easy to use but feels a little cheep
- voice dialout over the normal tel line seems to have a bit of a lag and there is no "voice" as such its just differnet kinds of audiable alarm which is not so easy to tell the differnce between
- bell box looks a bit cheep but does have a flashing strobe
- the door entry sensor needs to be closed to arm the system, bit of a pain for me as its on outer storm doors which are usualy open when i'm inside the flat
- signal strength seems rock solid, CP is i a cupboard, flat walls are think stone 150+ years old, no signal issues anywere even with PIR's 20m away through 3 walls.
- remote control via SMS to arm/disarm/check status etc. is easy to use

Standard for users to be added for a tag.
Yes door needs to be closed. Even I think thats a tad silly.
Touch screens have a long way to go yet.
You should be able to add your own voice, I have in the past.
They have made the wireless better and it is also agile so constantly seeking a better path and anti jamming.

- the door entry sensor needs to be closed to arm the system, bit of a pain for me as its on outer storm doors which are usualy open when i'm inside the flat
Re fit on the inner door, solves this problem and allows entry with muddy boots, wet dog etc before worrying about the alarm, also helps to keep the house clean.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back