Texecom premier elite - kit list check

Received the kit today and it looks very smart. Step one for me is just getting the cables run to the correct locations and hanging the external sounders on the outside walls. Seeing as I've never been the biggest fan of working at height, I want to keep my trips up and down the ladder to a minimum if I can :)

I can see in the installation manual Texecom suggest a cable colour coding of Red, blue, Yellow, Black, Green for the main connections, but there's no mention of "industry standard" colours for "Aux", "Fault" and "Op" - I of course appreciate that it doesn't matter what colour you use, providing it's the same colour at both ends, but the question is more to do with what colour scheme a pro would typically use for those last three cables when they install.

thanks

upload_2021-7-16_13-13-54.png

Sponsored Links
There is no standard for alarm colour codes. Use whatever you like but pick something, document it and stick to it wherever you can. If you are going to use Red for +12v and Black for 0v then use that everywhere, it makes fault finding much easier. If you are wiring EOL then pick another pair for the alarm pair (perhaps blue & yellow) and again stick with it wherever you can.

There is no standard for alarm colour codes. Use whatever you like but pick something, document it and stick to it wherever you can. If you are going to use Red for +12v and Black for 0v then use that everywhere, it makes fault finding much easier. If you are wiring EOL then pick another pair for the alarm pair (perhaps blue & yellow) and again stick with it wherever you can.

cheers (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back