Texecom Premier Elite Specs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to replace my old alarm with a new Texecom system in my apartment - DIY. I have been doing my homework and have read up quite a load over the past 2 weeks, mainly through this forum and I do have the basic + understanding.
I have a full cable installation running through-out my apartment. Cables I have identified are 6 core cables to RKP and PIR locations, and on all balcony doors and windows, 4 core cables – to which all would suffice for EOL configuration.

I have narrowed down my specs to the following but do have some questions:

1x Premier Elite 24 (polymer)
1x SMK Premier Elite keypad (satin chrome blue LCD)
1x Premier 8XE (local expander)
7x Premier Elite DT PIR’s
12x Door/Window contacts
1x Premier Elite Odyssey 5e (external sounder and strobe)
1x Pyronix Twin Alert Internal Speaker Sounder
1x Premier Elite ComGSM
1x Premier Elite USB-Com (configure system through Wintex)
1x 7Ah battery

Can I have your help on the below questions:

a) Will I need an additional PSU to power all the above?
b) Will the battery do the job in-case of mains failure and for how long?
c) Can the ComGSM be connected to a monitoring service? or will I need to opt in for the Com2400?
d) Can I remotely arm/disarm via the ComGSM or Com2400?
e) 2 windows in the apartment are not cabled to install wired intruder contacts so I will probably need to go wireless. Can I install a Ricochet 8XP-W Wireless Expander in addition to the Premier 8XE? Do I have any other options for these 2 points of entry?
f) PIR technology recommendations? I chose the DT for increased security and mainly due to PIR’s facing windows with ample of sunshine and was worried about false alarms? Reading up, many mention that microwave minimises such behaviour? To be specific, concern is for 4 of the PIR’s facing windows. The remaining 3 will not and can be different – any recommendations?
g) All of the balcony doors and windows are sliding and double frame - meaning they each have their respective glass door/window frame (inner) and their respective shutter frame (outer). Cables running to each are 4 core. Issue is that current install has one contact attached to the outer frame – reason being that in summer, leave the windows open and have the shutter closed to allow for breeze avoiding AC use. I would like to add an additional contact to the window frame (inner) as well, so both can be either or simultaneously secured - concluding to each frame having one pair on DEOL (4k7 alarm, 2k2 tamper). Issue is that by doing so, I will need to double the amount of zones needed just for that, so 5 zones become 10. Is there any way I can double zone? 2 virtual zones per 1 physical zone?
h) Premier Elite 24 (polymer) or Premier Elite 48 based on above specs and concerns?
i) Lastly, have found 2 on-line retailers and feedback would be great : cts-direct.net and alertelectrical.com

Plentiful to read so I do thank you all in advance.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Michael

Sponsored Links
That's a heck of a lot of detectors. Do you really need to wire up all the doors and windows and put PIRs in all the rooms?

If you are using contacts, they dont use any power. If they are powered shock sensors you need to work out the current draw for all the devices combined.

the usb com lead wont be connected permanently

so power wise you should be fine, but to work out your battery life you need to know your current consumption.

The 24 polymer unit wont physically take a battery over 7Ah.

The gsm module can be sent texts to control the panel, the com2400 you would have to use wintex.

the 8xe is an internal expander for the 24 only, whilst from memory it doesnt show as an expander address it gives you zones 9 to 16, you can add the 8xpw as address 2.

DT's are your best option but pointing towards direct sunlight is best avoided where possible and the manuals will have instructions on places to avoid putting detectors.

Wrt 24 polymer or elite 48

Anything in the polymer box comes with a smaller psu 1.5 A, the elite 48 in the metal has 2.5A psu I believe but would have to check the spec. Given the number of zones you are thinking of using you have a small amount of room to expand so may be worth going to the 48 for the price difference.

otherwise the functions are basically the same just more zones and areas available on the 48 subject to expanders and keypads.

As for where to buy both are okay just dont expect any support from them, especially Alert.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both.

sally2000: can't really argue re the PIR's other than I wouldn't mind having them if I can. Re the door/window contacts, during stay arm at night, PIR's would be omitted as we circulate throughout the apartment and would want to have the perimeter secured. Only when we would be out would the whole system be armed. Hope that makes sense.

Hoover: for comms, I am initially not planning to connect to any monitoring service but would like to future proof, reason why I was thinking of ComGSM or Com2400.
If I was to go for the ComIP (liking the app idea), am I correct to understand that I can use Wintex to configure without the need for any other com module (USB or Com2400)? Furthermore, since I have a dynamic IP from my provider, would that mean I would follow the DDNS route?
Can you also advise on point g) or my only option is to expand with additional zones? for ease of mind/install?
This would make a difference in regards to how many expanders I'll be needing which leads to another question: Elite 48 and local expanders. Do I have such an option or are they all external? Reading on texe.com, the 8XE is only compatible with the premier range and the Elite 24. What would I use for the Elite 48?
Thanks again..

8xp is external expander which is for all

What do you really need?

Future proofing is interesting theres nothing to say the manufacturers dump certain things for some new wonder technology so impossible to future proof.

It be better if Texecom made the gsm module capable if doing ip and gsm simutaneously then you would just use the gsm module, as it is you cant.

Theres nothing to stop you from connecting gsm com2400 and the ip module but why eould you want to.

Connecting to the panel with gsm or com2400 would need you to set up a modem at your end for you to dial in, not practical if you are out and about? The com ip you would need an internet connection.

Good point re future proofing.

To clarify, ComIP in-order to use apps for arming/disarming and Wintex upload/download via network, and in-order to receive notifications from panel on alarms, I would additionally need the GSM module?
(Would prefer the ComIP if it could somehow notify me directly on alarms and so on.. plus it is cheaper.)
Alternative is to scratch ComIP and simply use the GSM module for me to text the system to arm/disarm plus the USB PC lead for Wintex upload/download?
Either case, Com2400 not needed.

Any feedback on point g) regarding doubling up a zone?
I am warming up to the Elite 48 but would like to understand how many expanders I'll need.
If I can't do point g) I'll have to get 2 wired expanders (8xp) and 1 wireless (8xpw). And since the 48 has more power, I should be ok?

I would go with with 48 zone panel. It's got a few more configuration options, and you're very nearly at full capacity for the 24 zone panel.

You can fit one onboard expander directly to the main PCB, which effectively makes the panel able to accept 16 wired zones and then an additional seperate network expander for the remaining zones.

If you want to add some wireless detectors then you'll also need a ricochet expander too.

Keep every device on it's own zone, then if there's ever any issue with a tamper / wiring / detector fault, you can very easily (a) find out what's causing the issue, and (b) isolate the one detector and continue using the rest of the system until the fault is resolved.

Definately go with the DT detectors, they cost a bit more, but are a lot more resistant to false alarms. The one in my front room faces the window which gets strong sunlight in the morning and has never had a problem.

You can fit one onboard expander directly to the main PCB, which effectively makes the panel able to accept 16 wired zones and then an additional seperate network expander for the remaining zones.
Can you explain. Looking on texe.com at Elite 48 and all relevant expander option, I cannot find any onboard expander. Am I missing something?

Keep every device on it's own zone
Understood, however is it possible to "double zone"? as a cost option..

Thanks for the input..

Understood, however is it possible to "double zone"? as a cost option....

Yes it is, but not recommended (as you know)

First time of using the system, it activates, zone 3 (the one you have connected the 2 detectors to), which detector are you going to replace, both of them?

Cable for both, fit one. Next month fit the other.

One detector, one zone - always.

Europlex, point taken - will follow recommendations.
For info, the double zoning was to be for window magnetic contacts and I do not have the option of running new cabling - have to work with existing 4 core cabling. Thanks

Can you explain. Looking on texe.com at Elite 48 and all relevant expander option, I cannot find any onboard expander. Am I missing something?

Sorry you're quite right, that is only availible for the 24 zone panel :oops:

Premier 48 elite
1 x 32xp-w address 1 or 8XP-W price and flexibility extra £20 and you can utilise more wireless zones without having to add another expander.
1 x 8XP (address 4)

This would give the 32xp-w addressed as 1 zones 9 to 32, and the 8XP would be 33-40, if you add another 8XP use address 3 and you lose 25-32 wireless and so on.

Com-ip module can utilise the app on its own, you don't need the gsm module for arming and disarming.

The gsm module can be used in two modes, but only one mode at a time.
The two modes are gsm and com-ip effectively.

In GSM mode you can send text commands to the unit and it will respond to the command.
The GSM in IP mode will do all ip functions.

The apps come in 3 different sizes, smart key, keypad, engineer.
The keypad has both smart key and engineers keypad.

The Keypad app can do almost everything a normal keypad can do except the specific keypad functions such as quick arm, keypad pa, as the apps keypad does not have an address so cant be programmed like a normal keypad.

If you have the comp-ip module only, you can setup the texbase, montex software and it can email several people with the details, the only issue with that is you need a pc permanently on to run it, the software is free, and should be on the CD that comes with the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back