GU10 halogen which lamp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had fitted a few Flameguard recessed spots in the kitchen. These were supplied with 50W Radium Ralogen PAR 16 lamps. These have a 35 beam angle and a life expectancy of 2000h. While they are OK I think that some improvement could be made for example changing for a wider beam.

I have been looking on line for replacements and found Sylvania Superia GU10's advertised at about £3.00 each. They are 50W with a beam angle or 50 degrees and are claimed to be 60% brighter than than standard 50W GU10's with a rated life of 4000 hours.

From reading other posts the recommendation is given to buy a reputable brand which I assume Sylvania is. Has anyone any experience of these lamps (are the advertising claims correct!) or care to point me to alternatives?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back